Long Beach Cannabis Frequently Asked Questions

Where in Long Beach can I operate my cannabis business?

All licenses must be 1000 ft away from private or public schools, and beaches, and dispensaries need to be 1000 ft away from another dispensary.

All Licenses also must be 600 ft away from parks, libraries, and day care centers. 

Click images below to be directed to City of Long Beach website for the most accurate information and buffer maps. 

How do I become educated on California Labor Laws?

 There are different ways to be educated on California labor laws.

The first place to look is on the California state website and the FAQs on labor laws. https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlse-faqs.htm

The state also offers seminars on state labor laws and payroll tax. Find out more on the link below: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/training.htm

What is METRC?

METRC is a compliance management software created by Franwell used by regulatory bodies for the oversight of the cannabis industry. Metrc is a cloud hosted on-line software reporting system used by licensed cannabis businesses to manage and report supply chain activities as required by State rules. METRC stands for Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting & Compliance. 

What is the BCC?

The Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) is the lead agency in regulating commercial cannabis licenses for medical and adult-use cannabis in California. https://www.bcc.ca.gov/
NOTE: The BCC is now a part of the DCC, Department of Cannabis Control

What is the DCC?

The Department of Cannabis Control is the newest California government department that consolidates the Bureau of Cannabis Control (retail, distribution, testing, & events licenses), Department of Public Health – Cannabis (manufacturing), and CalCannabis from Department of Food and Agriculture (cultivation). https://cannabis.ca.gov/

Skip to content